When it comes to sustainability, Boyco has always been committed to a journey that goes beyond 'paper compliance'.
The journey so far
- We built an office/factory with a low ‘u-value’ and a high-efficiency energy usage specification.
- We converted our acid-catalysed timber lacquer to a high-performance water-borne lacquer that is non-toxic, non-flammable and provides a superior finish.
- We ensure a responsible, sustainable approach to the procurement of all the timber used in our products. All our American White Ash is sourced from sustainable forestry programmes such as FSC and PEFC.
- Our anti-microbial, ‘Hot-Dip’ nylon coating is derived from castor oil, a renewable source originating from the Ricinus communis plant. This differs from traditional powder coatings that are derived from fossil fuel oil.
- In the Summer of 2019, we upgraded all of the lighting on our premises to LED, resulting in a significant energy usage reduction.
- In March 2020, we invested in two low energy usage, industrial powder-coating ovens. These have significantly reduced our energy consumption.
- We are currently exploring the merits of using Solar Panels to further reduce our carbon footprint.
- We’re also considering adding electric vehicle charging stations to promote and support our teams use of electric and hybrid vehicles.